Dear fellow member,
As grantmakers, we regularly face tough decisions about which nonprofits to support. We all want to be good stewards of our philanthropic assets, and there are always more worthy requests than we are able to act upon. To make these hard choices, we weigh how the organization’s mission aligns with our priorities. We look for organizations that demonstrate effectiveness. We look for exceptional nonprofit leadership.
That is why, today, we ask you to join us in supporting Exponent Philanthropy’s 2018 Fundraising Campaign.
We are members of Exponent Philanthropy’s Development Committee, grantmakers like you who value our association so much that we want to make a direct appeal to you on its behalf.
Exponent Philanthropy embodies all the qualities we look for in nonprofits. Year after year, our association produces high-quality and valuable programs and resources that make all of us more effective funders.
It offers us the only community of funders who practice philanthropy with few or no staff, fostering knowledge-sharing, encouragement, and inspiration. And it helps us be good stewards of our philanthropic assets by providing important benchmarking data and discounts on mission-critical services.
The association’s staff and leadership have built a culture like no other in the field of philanthropy–one that is warm, welcoming, responsive, and non-judgmental.
Our association’s recent accomplishments include:
- Launch of a SignaturePLUS membership category featuring legal guidance from a nationally recognized firm.
- A sold-out 2.5-day CONNECT Conference; 97% of participants would recommend the conference and 92% would attend again.
- Launch of a multiyear Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Philanthropy initiative.
- A new series of Great Funder-Nonprofit Relationships programs bringing together 300+ funders and nonprofits in four cities, plus 300 attendees on a closing webinar.
- A complete website redesign and content refresh.
Your 2018 support is critical to deliver the programs and services you count on and to advance the following priorities:
- Enhancing programs and resources for foundation trustees, seasoned funders, and small-staffed community foundations.
- Developing practical guides in the areas of advocacy, overcoming barriers to impact, funder-nonprofit relationships, and engaging/developing the next generation.
- Infusing diversity, equity and inclusion into all programs and resources.
- Delivering to you a highly successful and valuable 2018 National Conference (September 28-30 in Philadelphia).
- Building a resource collection applicable to individual donors and philanthropic families.
Your association needs your support. Membership dues cover less than 50% of the organization’s operating expenses. Each year, the organization must raise the remainder of its budget through program fees, sponsorships, donations, and grants.
Supporting Exponent Philanthropy’s mission advances your own and strengthens the broader field of philanthropy. Our association helps us be increasingly effective funders and catalysts for change in our communities.
Your support today translates into better philanthropic outcomes and stronger communities in all the issue areas you care about.
We look forward to your careful consideration of this request and to sending you an acknowledgment letter of thanks.
Exponent Philanthropy’s Development Committee
Mr. Mark Strode, Chair
“The Woods” Charitable Foundation
Janis A. Reischmann
Hau’oli Mau Loa Foundation
The Needmor Fund
The 1772 Foundation, Inc.
Cedar Tree Foundation
The Coleman Foundation
William G. McGowan Charitable Fund
James F. &. Marion L. Miller Foundation