In 2013 we initiated our Local Engagement Group Initiative to provide opportunities for Exponent Philanthropy members to connect with and learn from other funders with few or no staff in their community. LEG programs are planned and hosted by members with support from both Exponent Philanthropy staff and regional associations. Past participants agree LEG programs are an opportunity for peer networking, group discussions, sharing personal experiences, and learning something new.
If you are interested in learning more about a Local Engagement Group Initiative in your community please contact Nikki Hilgert.
Interested in sponsoring a LEG program? Contact Andrea Clay at 202-375-7796.
Current LEG Communities
- Program Partner: Forefront
- Coordinators: Beatriz Moreno, Focusing Philanthropy; Terrence Dibble and Diane Wingerning, J. B. and Emily Van Nuys Charities
- Program Partner: Southern California Grantmakers
New York City
- Coordinators: Chad Hansen, Rita J. Stanley H. Kaplan Family Foundation; Judy Bigelow, Fordham Street Foundation; Alice Eaton, Leon Lowenstein Foundation, Inc.; Karen Balliett, Solon E. Summerfield Foundation, Inc.; Liz Sak, Cricket Island Foundation; Peter Klein, The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation.
- Coordinators: Allison Erdle, Washington Forrest Foundation; Celeste Land, Land Family Foundation
- Program Partners: Southeastern Council on Foundations (SECF) and Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers (WRAG)
- Coordinators: Holley Martens, Char & Chuck Fowler Family Foundation; Chann Fowler-Spellman, Char & Chuck Family Foundation; Brenda Norton, Norton Family Foundation
- Program Partner: Philanthropy Ohio
San Francisco Bay Area
- Coordinators: Jayne Booker, Avant! Foundation; Rajiv Khanna, International Development Exchange (IDEX)
- Program Partner: Northern California Grantmakers
Southeastern Massachusetts + Boston
- Coordinators: Denise Porche, Island Foundation; Debra Moniz, Cedar Tree Foundation (Boston)
- Program Partner: Associated Grant Makers
Looking for other ways to connect locally?
Search the Member Directory to find other members near you!
Join the Exponent Philanthropy Discussion List to seek guidance from Exponent Philanthropy peers across the country.
Not yet a member? Join today and gain access to the above benefits and more.
Contact Nikki Hilgert at 202-580-6569.
Check our Educational Programs calendar to find a program near you. The calendar is updated frequently, so be sure to check it often.