The Next Gen Fellows Program is a 6-month training fellowship for dynamic leaders roughly 18–35 years old who are involved in all types of foundations as current or soon-to-be trustees or staff. The program is designed for deep learning and peer networking to prepare the next generation for leadership roles.
In this program, you will:
- Be guided by experienced practitioners and field leaders.
- Learn about best practices and emerging trends.
- Try out new skills in a safe and encouraging environment.
- Set a personal learning agenda to deepen your knowledge and fill your gaps.
- Come away with an unmatched peer group—and expert mentor—for support, ideas, and guidance.
You’ll gain the competence and confidence to lead—in your foundation, in your community, and in your field—and you’ll return to your foundation ready to ask thoughtful questions, make meaningful contributions, and strengthen your giving.
More than 50 hours of learning!
- Breadth: Training Intensive, June 12–13, 2017, Washington, DC
- Depth: 2017 CONNECT Conference, October 15–17, 2017, Denver, CO
- Individual focus: Personal learning agenda
- Expert guidance: Monthly mentoring and access to knowledgeable staff and top-selling publications.
- Connections: Online community
See program details.
Our remarkable faculty are carefully chosen for their rich experience with philanthropy and nonprofits, as well as their accessibility and dynamic presentation styles.
See Faculty and Staff
Next Gen Mentors
A select number of fellows who are highly motivated and ready to take full advantage of a mentor participate in the mentoring aspect of the program. Our commitment to you is that we will provide structure, support, and guidance to help you and your mentee extract maximum value from the experience.
Apply to be a Next Gen Mentor
Congratulations to our Next Gen Fellows Program alumni.