With so much interest in giving to their communities, it makes sense that many small foundations work with local community foundations to achieve their charitable goals.
This primer describes how your small foundation can work with a community foundation to fulfill your mission and goals. It highlights how community foundations can help you:
- Expand your knowledge of local needs and nonprofits.
- Fulfill your program goals.
- Administer your foundation.
- Involve the next generation.
- Build local philanthropy.
You will also learn how to access these benefits by giving to a community foundation, including how to establish a variety of special-purpose giving funds.