The Hall of Outsized Impact at 2018 National Conference
The 2019 Outsized Impact Award will honor an individual at an Exponent Philanthropy member organization whose style of philanthropy is achieving outsized—or, greater than expected—impact.
We are particularly interested in honoring an individual who demonstrates the characteristics that make our community of lean funders so powerful.
Nominees might demonstrate any of the following:
- Agility or responsiveness to community
- Addressing an ignored or overlooked need
- Engaging closely with the communities they fund
- Creating connections or convening stakeholders
- Inspiring others
- Catalyzing change
Nominees need not have been part of major efforts or projects with far-reaching impact; they may simply demonstrate a brilliant, inspiring “a-ha!” about how to practice effective philanthropy.
Can you point to an individual who is achieving greater-than-expected impact as a result of how they do their work? Should their work in philanthropy be spotlighted and celebrated in hopes of inspiring others? Do they exemplify just how powerful lean funders can be?
Please nominate yourself or someone else affiliated with an Exponent Philanthropy member organization by June 30, 2019.
The Award Process
- Nominate yourself, one of your board or staff members, or a fellow member by June 30, 2019
- Membership committee review nominations and select finalists
- Public vote to select the award recipient
Award recipient announced at 2019 CONNECT Conference, October 2-4 in St. Louis, MONominate yourself or someone else