In this first module of the Foundations 101 virtual seminar, hear an overview of the nonprofit sector and where foundations fit in. Learn about some key administrative pieces to get into place before you get started, and how your foundation’s strategy impacts those decisions. By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Restate the common and legal distinctions between foundations and nonprofits
- Recognize the necessity for developing strategy and its effect on administrative work
Participants are encouraged to purchase the Foundation Guidebook to complement their learning experience.
- May 11: Getting Started
- May 13: Governance Basics
- May 18: Legal Basics
- May 20: Investment Management Oversight
- May 25: Grantmaking Basics
|Entire Series||Individual Module|
|Exponent Philanthropy Members||$300||$75|
Registration and Other Policies
Prior to the program, you will receive your unique access information and will also receive access to the recording following the program. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.