This legal basics module of the Foundations 101 virtual seminar, hear an overview of all private foundations rules, from filing the Form 990-PF to public disclosure rules and the self-dealing rules. This survey of the rules will empower you to know when to raise questions with a legal professional. By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Identify simple ways to follow the public disclosure rules
- Restate the definition of disqualified persons and know the three steps to identify potential self-dealing
Participants are encouraged to purchase the Foundation Guidebook to complement their learning experience.
- May 11: Getting Started
- May 13: Governance Basics
- May 18: Legal Basics
- May 20: Investment Management Oversight
- May 25: Grantmaking Basics
|Entire Series||Individual Module|
|Exponent Philanthropy Members||$300||$75|
Registration and Other Policies
Prior to the program, you will receive your unique access information and will also receive access to the recording following the program. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.