Navigating the complex relationships on a board of directors gets easier with investment in individuals over time, developing deep trust among board members, and a shared commitment to the mission and goals of the foundation. This module will focus on developing trust and strong working relationships on the board and share specific examples of how you can go deeper when developing your relationships. By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Understand the five elements of building deep relationships and avoiding power dynamics
- Identify how to develop trust and strong, healthy relationships among your board.
Complement your learning with a copy of the Trustee Handbook: Essentials for Effective Foundation Board Members.
- July 13: Setting Direction as a Board of Directors
- July 15: Building Trust and Deepening Relationships
- July 20: Planning for the Future
- July 22: Engaging Beyond the Board Room
- July 27: Managing Change
- July 29: Optional Governance and Leadership After Chat, 4PM ET
|Entire Series||Individual Module|
|Exponent Philanthropy Members||$300||$75|
Registration and Other Policies
Please register by clicking this link. Prior to the virtual program, you will receive your unique access information. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.
Platform and Accessibility
This program is on Zoom. Closed captioning available. A recording of this program will be available to those who register.