Planning for the future makes it easier to adapt to unforeseen challenges in uncertain times. Whether it is planning for leadership succession or identifying a new strategic direction, planning for the future provides adaptive frameworks and technical practices for boards to use through times of transition. By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Name different strategies to make high-level decisions through a clear decision-making process
- Discuss how planning for the future can help the foundation adapt during uncertain times.
Complement your learning with a copy of the Trustee Handbook: Essentials for Effective Foundation Board Members.
Founder & co-founder, GMA Foundations
Mary Phillips is president and co-founder of GMA Foundations, a full-service philanthropic advisory firm that helps foundations, families, and giving programs achieve greater impact, simplified operations, smart financial management, and successful transitions. Mary leads the firm’s consulting services and specializes in program design, governance, trustee education and coaching for foundation leaders, retreat facilitation, and planning for transitions.
- July 13: Setting Direction as a Board of Directors
- July 15: Building Trust and Deepening Relationships
- July 20: Planning for the Future
- July 22: Engaging Beyond the Board Room
- July 27: Managing Change
- July 29: Optional Governance and Leadership After Chat, 4PM ET
|Entire Series||Individual Module|
|Exponent Philanthropy Members||$300||$75|
Registration and Other Policies
Please register by clicking this link. Prior to the virtual program, you will receive your unique access information. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.
Platform and Accessibility
This program is on Zoom. Closed captioning available. A recording of this program will be available to those who register.