If you are new to foundation investing, find out what you need to know beyond the numbers to make sense of and guide your foundation’s investments. In this five-part virtual seminar, we’ll cover the basics: investment policy statements, implementing your strategy (and whether to hire someone to help), building portfolios, mission investing, and an up-to-date assessment of current market conditions.
In this module, you will:
- Differentiate between various models for managing and overseeing investments
- Explain key elements of an RFP and best practices for the RFP process
- Provide best practices (and pitfalls to avoid) for selection, transition, onboarding, and oversight of investment teams
- Define the roles of the board and investment committee in overseeing the portfolio
- Illustrate appropriate expectation setting and measurement of success over time, using the IPS as a tool
Clare G. Golla, CFP®
Managing Director Head of Endowment & Foundation Advisory
Bernstein Private Wealth Management
Clare partners with advisors nationally to provide comprehensive investment and related solutions for foundations, endowments, and other tax-exempt entities. She earned a BA magna cum laude from Harvard University, an MA from The University of Chicago, and she is currently pursuing a degree in surviving quarantine with two teenagers.
Registration and Other Policies
Prior to the program, you will receive your unique webinar access information. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.Register Today
Resources to complement this online learning:
- Getting It Done: The Who and How of Small Foundation Investing
- Creating a Strategy and Plan for Your Foundation’s Investing: Developing and Using an Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Mission Investing for Small Foundations
- Leveraging Your Assets With Loans and Other Program Related Investments (PRIs)
Put together, these resources offer a comprehensive overview of the challenges, and opportunities, that come with investing your foundation’s assets to advance your mission. Click here to download.