If you are new to foundation investing, find out what you need to know beyond the numbers to make sense of and guide your foundation’s investments. In this five-part virtual seminar, we’ll cover the basics: investment policy statements, implementing your strategy (and whether to hire someone to help), building portfolios, mission investing, and an up-to-date assessment of current market conditions.
In this module, you will:
- Explain asset classes and diversification
- Highlight the trade-off between risk and return and understand the impact of constraints for risk tolerance, liquidity, and income needs
- Use asset allocation and diversification to achieve target net return and meet spending policy requirements
- Monitor, analyze, and rebalance investment portfolio for risk management, performance attribution, and alignment with investment objectives
Sandip A. Bhagat, CFA®
Chief Investment Officer
Sandip is responsible for investment policies, strategies, and research across traditional and alternative asset classes. He has more than 30 years of portfolio management, research, and trading experience in equities, asset allocation, alternatives, derivatives,and multi-asset class investment solutions. Prior to joining Whittier Trust, Sandip held senior positions at Vanguard, Morgan Stanley Investment Management, Citigroup Asset Management, and Travelers Investment Management.
Registration and Other Policies
Prior to the program, you will receive your unique webinar access information. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.Register Today
Resources to complement this online learning:
- Getting It Done: The Who and How of Small Foundation Investing
- Creating a Strategy and Plan for Your Foundation’s Investing: Developing and Using an Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Mission Investing for Small Foundations
- Leveraging Your Assets With Loans and Other Program Related Investments (PRIs)
Put together, these resources offer a comprehensive overview of the challenges, and opportunities, that come with investing your foundation’s assets to advance your mission. Click here to download.