Discover the broader world of foundations that have few or no staff, and see where your foundation fits in. Based on insights gleaned from Exponent Philanthropy’s annual survey of leanly staffed foundations, this presentation will review trends in boards and governance, grantmaking practices, investments and compensation, including:
- How are foundation boards working to engage the next generation and how does next generation engagement change the foundation?
- How have grantmaking tactics like capacity building, advocacy and disaster respone, changed over the past 5 years?
- What strategies are foundations using to advance racial equity in their community?
- What are the investment returns foundations are earning and how are they balancing their portfolios?
- How are foundations compensating their staff members and when do they opt to hire consultants?
Content Manager, Exponent Philanthropy
Brendan works with our Content Services team to develop resources and programs for members, focusing on investments and community foundations. He holds master’s degree in public policy at the University of Maryland with a focus on nonprofit management and social policy.
Who Should Attend
This program is open to foundation donors, trustees, and staff; individual donors; donor advised fund holders; and members of giving circles.
Registration and Other Policies
Please register, even for complimentary programs. Prior to the webinar, you will receive your unique webinar access information. By registering for this program, participants are agreeing to Exponent Philanthropy’s Participant Guidelines. Please contact us by email or at 202-580-6560 if you have any questions.