The Outsized Impact Award honors an individual at an Exponent Philanthropy member organization whose style of philanthropy is achieving outsized—or, greater than expected—impact.
Nominees might demonstrate any of the following characteristics that make our community of lean funders so powerful:
- Agility or responsiveness to community
- Addressing an ignored or overlooked need
- Engaging closely with the communities they fund
- Creating connections or convening stakeholders
- Inspiring others
- Catalyzing change
Thank you to all our nominees and those who nominated them. We are truly inspired by the work you do and the passion you have for your grantees. The winner announced at the Virtual Town Hall and Member Meeting on October 8.
Congratulations to all of this year’s inspiring nominees:
2020 Outsized Impact Award
We were thrilled to present the 2020 Outsized Impact Award to Yvonne “Bonnie” Gonzalez of the Knapp Community Care Foundation in Weslaco, Texas.
The Award Process
- Nominate yourself, one of your board or staff members, or a fellow member.
- Membership committee review nominations and select finalists
- Public vote to select the award recipient
Award recipient announced at our Annual Conference.