Every organization, no matter the size, should consider developing a media strategy. Beautifully landscaped Facebook pages and carefully crafted tweets are less important than unified messages and timely goals.
The following general guidelines, excerpted from our Media Toolkit can be adopted by any nonprofit or foundation seeking to build relationships with its community and craft a powerful media strategy. This guide will walk you through tips and examples such as:
- Leveraging Media to Advance Your Philanthropic Goals
- Building Blocks of a Successful Media Strategy
- Editorial Viability: How to Successfully Pitch Your Story and Make News
- Media Messaging and Interviews Made Easy
- There Is a Reporter on the Phone — Top Ten Tips
- Stories From Small-Staffed Foundations