Whether your foundation is new or well established, here are some ways you can let the public know you give grants:
- Distribute your mission and guidelines on your website and at local nonprofit events.
- Talk with other foundations that have similar program interests. They can sometimes refer grantees to you.
- Ask if your regional association of grantmakers publishes a directory of funders.
- Notify Foundation Center of your mission, guidelines, and recent grants, and update your entries, as necessary.
- Invite nonprofits to meet with you to describe their programs.
- Issue a request for proposals, which outlines your vision for a project and solicits appropriate organizations to apply. You can mail the RFP to nonprofit organizations in your community or advertise it in a newspaper or online.
- Host ‘Meet the Foundation’ events that allow potential grantees to learn about your interests and ask questions.