What information do I have to disclose to the public?

As a private foundation, you are required to make the following documents available to the public:

  • Form 990-PF, the annual information return filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), for the 3 most recent years
  • Form 1023, the application for federal tax-exempt status (and all related correspondence with the IRS)
  • Form 990-T, the unrelated business income tax return (if applicable)


Still have questions?

Members can access staff experts through our Q&A service by calling 202-580-6560, or post a question to the member community to hear form peers in the field.

Explore our Q&A archive