If you are new to foundation investing, find out what you need to know beyond the numbers to make sense of and guide your foundation’s investments. In this five-part virtual seminar, we’ll cover the basics: investment policy statements, implementing your strategy (and whether to hire someone to help), building portfolios, mission investing, and an up-to-date assessment of current market conditions.
Seminar Learning Objectives
- Provide clear, accurate definitions of fundamental investment terms and concepts
- Introduce skills to understand financial markets
- Develop participants’ ability to manage and oversee foundation portfolios
Investment Essentials can be purchased as a series or in individual modules.Click Here to Purchase
- Module 1: Investment Policy Statements
- Module 2: Implementing an Investment Strategy
- Module 3: Building Your Portfolio: Asset Allocation
- Module 4: Mission Investing
- Module 5: Market Outlook: Managing Your Assets During COVID-19
Resources to complement this online learning:
- Getting It Done: The Who and How of Small Foundation Investing
- Creating a Strategy and Plan for Your Foundation’s Investing: Developing and Using an Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Mission Investing for Small Foundations
- Leveraging Your Assets With Loans and Other Program Related Investments (PRIs)
Put together, these resources offer a comprehensive overview of the challenges, and opportunities, that come with investing your foundation’s assets to advance your mission. Click here to download.
Every foundation’s goal is to have a thoughtful, disciplined investment process that is aligned with the foundation’s purpose and goals. This guide provides a high-level overview to quickly help you understand different aspects of foundation investment. Click here to download.