Creative Funders Explore Their Art and Craft
Meet some of the most creative, resourceful, and risk-taking funders in the country. These individuals are creating a new kind of philanthropy. They’re shifting from the transactional to the transformational.
- What makes small foundations creative?
- How do they make impact far beyond their size?
- What powers and resources do they use–beyond money?
- Why are lean funders often the first to notice and support breakthrough solutions?
- How do they build civic participation and advance equity?
- How do they catalyze change?
Hosted by Andy Carroll. Audio engineering by Ben Giroux. Music by Jens Bjornkjaer and O Future.
Producer and Host, Andy Carroll
Andy is Senior Advisor at Exponent Philanthropy. He advises staff, funders, and other leaders in philanthropy on leadership, advocacy, and catalytic philanthropy. Andy works to empower small foundations and donors to leverage their unique position and assets to catalyze change on important issues in their communities.
Our music is by Jens Bjornkjaer, a Danish composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist living in Los Angeles. He has scored films for Ai Weiwei and Lars Von Trier, composed for the Royal Danish Theatre and in 2021, he was nominated for a Danish Oscar. His band O Future has been featured in NYT, The Guardian, Spin, Pitchfork and others.