Exponent Philanthropy is a vibrant membership organization and the nation’s only association of funders dedicated to serving foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors.
Membership provides you with resources, connections, and inspiration that will help you make the most of the minutes you have and the dollars you have to give. What sets us apart from other philanthropy organizations is that all of our programs and resources are designed specifically for funders working with limited infrastructure. We pride ourselves on our practical guidance, warm and welcoming culture, and a strong commitment to member service.
Want to renew online? Log in now to renew or upgrade your membership.
Online: Create a personal profile to start your application Already have a profile? Log in to join.
By mail: Download and complete one of the following applications:
Mail application and payment to:
P.O. Box 65607
Washington, DC 20035-5607
Choose the benefits that best meet the needs of you and your organization by joining at one of two membership levels:
- Knowledge Sharing and Expertise
- Community and Connections
- Cost Savings
- All the Benefits of Signature Membership
- PLUS Legal Support Services
Who Is Eligible For Membership?
Membership is open to all philanthropic organizations and individuals that award charitable gifts to more than one recipient annually.
- Individual membership is open to any person who is not affiliated with a philanthropic organization but awards charitable donations to more than one recipient annually.
- Organizational membership is open to all philanthropic organizations (e.g., foundations, public charities) that award charitable donations to more than one recipient annually.
Remember: Membership fees and contributions are qualifying administrative expenses for private foundations and contribute toward the required annual minimum distribution.
Are you a professional that works with foundations or charitable individuals/families? Learn about our partnership program.