There’s no question: listening to your community is a key factor in good grantmaking.
This survey offers your foundation a structured opportunity to learn from your grantees and applicants, identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement, and set up your board and staff for productive conversations that increase your foundation’s effectiveness.
Here’s what you can expect:
- You will discuss the process with Exponent Philanthropy staff and determine what will work well for your foundation.
- You will distribute the survey to grantees and applicants.
- Respondents will complete the survey sections and mail, fax, or email the results to you.
- You will send the submitted surveys to Exponent Philanthropy staff, who will tally the results.
- Exponent Philanthropy staff will create a list of raw results to share with you, and you and will discuss the results in detail.
- Exponent Philanthropy staff will prepare a report for your board.
- You will lead a discussion with your board members and staff using the board report.
We commend you for considering this journey of listening and learning.